Deductible - Individual and Family
The amount your insurance plan requires you to pay every year for covered health care services before the plan pays.
After you pay your deductible, you usually pay only a copayment or coinsurance for covered services. Your insurance company pays the rest.
• Many plans pay for certain services, like a checkup or disease management programs, before you've met your deductible. Check your plan details.
• All Marketplace health plans pay the full cost of certain preventive benefits even before you meet your deductible.
• Some plans have separate deductibles for certain services, like prescription drugs.
• Family plans often have both an individual deductible, which applies to each person, and a family deductible, which applies to all family members.
Your plan's Summary of Benefits Coverage will explain the situations where charges will be applied to meeting the deductible.
• What you should know about deductibles !
• In-Network & Out-of-Network
• Individual & Family Deductibles
• Deductible Carryover