Health insurance coverage under any of the following:
• Group health plan — Individual health insurance — Student health insurance
• Medicare — Medicaid — CHAMPUS and TRICARE
• Federal Employees Health Benefits Program
• Indian Health Service — Peace Corps
• Public Health Plan (any plan established or maintained by a State, the U.S. government, a foreign country)
• Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
• State health insurance high risk pool.
If you have prior creditable coverage, it will reduce the length of a pre-existing condition exclusion period under new job-based coverage.
Under a job-based plan, the exclusion period cannot exceed 12 months for a regular enrollee or 18 months for a late enrollee.